JTIE - Journal of Technology and Information Education
JTIE (Journal of Technology and Information Education) is an independent scientific journal that is focused on publishing of the results of researches, theoretical studies and professional works from the field of technical and IT education, and related disciplines (concept STEM).
The journal is published twice a year. The manuscripts go through a strict review process (Double-Blind Peer Review). JTIE is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
The journal is included in the ERIH+ database and in the List of the reviewed periodicals published in the Czech Republic valid for the year 2016 (fulfilling the conditions of the National Reference Framework of Excellence) [link in Czech]. The journal is registered by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic under a number of E 18729.
JTIE aspires to be registered into the international database of impacted periodicals (Journal Citation Reports) and SCOPUS.
Call for new reviewers
Editorial staff seek new reviewers of manuscripts. If you are interested, register via the information system JTIE (guide). Thank you for your co-operation. Editors of JTIE
JTIE prepares a monothematic issue: E-learning from the perspective of theory and practice
The goal of the monothematic issue is to provide a space to a theoretical and research reflection of the electronic learning (or e-learning) focusing on i.a. these topics:
- e-learning and its reflection from the perspective of the actors of educational process,
- possibilities of considering the personal characteristics of e-learning student based on an automatic adaptation of the instruction process,
- aspects of modernization of the e-learning way of education and perspectives of its further development,
- application possibilities and limits of e-learning in the system of education at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels,
- LMS systems and their operation and implementation into the conditions of educational institutions,
- electronic educational environments and their influence on process and results of the educational process in the e-learning,
- possibilities and approaches to create and evaluate electronic educational materials for e-learning,
- international research comparison of e-learning use from the perspective of the primary, secondary and tertiary education.
The guarantors of the issue are doc. PhDr. Milan Klement, Ph.D. and doc. PhDr. Ivana Šimonová, Ph.D. Please, send the abstracts of a maximal length of one standard A4 page (minimum range: 1 000 characters without spaces, maximum range: 1 500 characters without spaces) until 29th February 2016. In the abstract, these pieces of information should be mentioned: the author (authors), the title of article, a type of the article – theoretical or research study, the solved problem, methods used and a presumed range of the article. Please send the abstracts to this email address: email@example.com
JTIE prepares a monothematic issue: Concept of the technical education in the theoretical and research reflection
The goal of the monothematic issue is to provide space to the theoretical and research reflection of the technical education focusing on i.a. these topics:
- international research comparison of forms of technical education at the level of the pre-primary schools, and first and second stages of basic schools,
- conception of the informal and non-formal technical education,
- contemporary challenges to innovate training of teachers of the technical subjects,
- perspectives of the technical education,
- current approaches to the innovative concept of the technical education at the level of the pre-primary schools, and first and second stages of basic schools,
- similarities and differences in approaches used in the technical and science education at the level of the pre-primary schools, and first and second stages of basic schools.
The guarantors of the issue are doc. PaedDr. PhDr. Jiří Dostál, Ph.D. and prof. PhDr. Mária Kožuchová, CSc. Please, send the abstracts of a maximal length of one standard A4 page until 29th February 2016. In the abstract, these pieces of information should be mentioned: the author (authors), the title of article, a type of the article – theoretical or research study, the solved problem, methods used and a presumed range of the article. Please send the abstracts to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org